Do you have ideas you’d like to add? Please add your ideas in the “Comments” section at the bottom of this page (sorry, your comments will be moderated before they are posted).
– Rain barrels (to be used for storing water)
– recycled rain barrels for planters (I don’t know about you, but my rainbarrels only last a few years and then voila! two pots!)
– setup a scarecrow (Sven’s awesome idea)!!
– build an insect hotel
– go organic
– grow flowering plants to attract pollinators and hummingbirds, eg. honeysuckle
– put our compost pile on a concrete pad to prevent contamination from the soil
– source out alternative planting bed ideas (bathtubs, apple crates, homemade, etc)
– ask for community donations of materials such as bricks, garden hose, wood materials, glass doors, garden sheds, planters, raised beds, bathtubs, aluminum tubs, bird houses, machine time (back hoe, cats, etc), fencing material, cinder blocks, concrete mix, etc.
– have a vegi soup contest in the fall!
– plant beebalm to attract hummingbirds
– ask for perennials as donations from our community
– build a scarecrow
– plant heavily scented flower for the seeing impaired
– develop a “shade” plan for our garden