At the behest of the City of Calgary Parks Department and the Renfrew Community Association, the Renfrew Community Garden is providing this COVID-19 Action Plan:
While the Renfrew Community Garden is open for business and while the COVID-19 restrictions are in place, gardening members and visitors are expected to follow these requirements:
- DO NOT attend the garden if you are feeling any symptoms of cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat.
- Bring your own gardening gloves to wear on site. You may wear your own personal protective equipment (PPE) although it is not a requirement.
- Bring your own gardening tools. Multiple touch items such as garden tools have been removed from the storage bin.
- Respect the physical distancing requirement; maintain a minimum distance of 2m between members and visitors.
- Respect the (current) maximum mass gathering size of 15 people.
- Practice good hygiene: wash hands for at least 20 seconds before and after visiting the garden, cover coughs and sneezes, and avoid touching face at the garden.
- The water tap, hoses, spray wands and the hose reel are available for use. Members will be required to bring your own disinfectant to the site to clean these items before and after use. Avoid passing the hose back and forth between other members. Wear gardening gloves while watering. We will continue to store the hose on the hose reel in the storage bins when not in use.
- The Renfrew Community Garden will rely on gardening members to socially monitor themselves and others while visiting the site. There will be no additional supervision or monitoring of the garden. If you notice that members or visitors are not respecting these rules, please approach them, welcome them to the garden, and remind them that the rules must be respected.
- Members and visitors must be aware of their children’s touching and activity at the garden and take measures to avoid touching surfaces including garden beds.
The Renfrew Community Garden is an open site, there are no fences or barriers to limit access to the garden. However, the garden is very small (only 27 beds) and in a remote corner of the community and regular traffic levels are normally very low. The open concept of the garden design easily allows people to maintain physical distancing. For these reasons, we will not impose additional measures to restrict access to the garden site.
All of the above restrictions apply to the use of benches. For that reason, the Renfrew Community Garden will not close down the benches and picnic table.
The Renfrew Community Garden is located in a remote corner of our neighbourhood and there are no buildings, washrooms or hot water within accessible distance. Therefore, hand washing stations will be provided during organized Work Bees only.
Work Bees will be limited to 5 people which is organized with a sign-up sheet.