Present: Mikki, Lisa, Christine, Ashley, Darren, Maria, Jaryd, Corianne
Meeting Started: 7:01 PM
Meeting Ended: 7:40 PM
Approval of Last Meeting Minutes – Approved
Purchased from 2021 Renfrew Community Garden – Pandemic Emergency Budget
- Hose Reel
- Spray Wands and Nozzles
Garden Orientation Meeting
- Anyone not able to attend the original 2021 Garden Orientation Meeting is still expected to complete that requirement. Email to follow.
Irrigation Outlet Leaking
Thank you to Christine who spent an hour on the phone today with 311 to report our leaking irrigation outlet at the garden!! Thanks so much Christine!!
Volunteer Commitment – Does volunteering throughout the community contribute to the RCG Volunteer commitment?
No, the RCG volunteer commitment is separate from other community events. The RCG volunteer commitment is to be fulfilled at RCG “Garden Therapy” events or other approved efforts… although events are not restricted to the Renfrew Community Garden site only. Additional gardening events can be planned at other locations, but must be organized through the RCG to be eligible for the volunteer commitment.
The storage shed has been torn apart by wind and is barely standing. We are going to organize a work event to build a new shed. The new shed will have two front facing doors which open to the west. The front half of the roof will flip up and fold back onto the back half of the roof. There will be one locking mechanism to secure the shed. Here is our plan:
- Develop an architecture plan and approve a plan amongst us – if you have access to a plan, please post on FB or WhatsApp.
- Create a budget which will include all lumber and hardware required for the build.
- Submit the budget for approval to the Renfrew Community Association for their approval at the June 28, 2021 meeting.
- Once approved, we will schedule a build party date.
- We will purchase the material.
- We will build the shed (currently we have Darren, Corianne’s hubby Al and Lisa on the building committee).
- We will move the shed to the site – we need a plan for this as well.